jactation (plural jactations)
- A tossing or shaking of the body; physical agitation, especially while asleep or confined to bed by ilness; jactitation.
- The action of throwing.
- 1662: Thomas Salusbury, Galileo's Dialogue on the Two Chief World Systems (Dialogue Two)
- The projicient hath the stone in his hand, and with force and violence throws his arm, with which jactation the stone doth not move so much as the circumambient Air.
- Boasting; bragging; showing off.
- jactation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913