xanthous (not comparable)
- Yellow-brown; yolk-colored.
- 1983, Dorothea Liebermann-Meffert, et al., The Greater Omentum, page 131
- Absorbent fatty xanthous histiocytes and xanthous granulations are observed in the marginal area of necrosis of the fatty tissue...
- (archaic, ethnology) Pertaining to people with yellowish, red, auburn, or brown hair.
- 1841, James Cowles Prichard et al., Researches Into the Physical History of Mankind, page 227
- The xanthous variety springs up out of every black-haired race.