backtrack (plural backtracks)
- the act of backtracking
backtrack (third-person singular simple present backtracks, present participle backtracking, simple past and past participle backtracked)
- to retrace one's steps
- I dropped my sunglasses and had to backtrack to find them.
- to repeat or review work already done
- If we backtrack through this problem, maybe we can figure out where we went wrong.
- (aviation) To taxi down an active runway in the opposite direction to that being used for takeoff
- Speedbird One: Enter and backtrack Runway 27 Left
taxiing the opposite way down a runway