An animation of a deke (feint in ice hockey)
deke (plural dekes)
- (ice hockey) A feint, fake, or other move made by the player with the puck to deceive a goaltender or defenceman.
- (ice hockey) A series of feints, fakes, or other moves made by the player with the puck to deceive a goaltender or defenceman.
- (Canada, slang) A quick detour.
series of feints or fakes
deke (third-person singular simple present dekes, present participle deking, simple past and past participle deked)
- (Canada) To avoid, go around, or dodge an object, person, or conversation topic; often by using trickery.
- (ice hockey) To execute a deke.