effectiveness (countable and uncountable, plural effectivenesses)
- The property of being effective, of achieving results.
- The effectiveness of the drug was well established.
- The capacity or potential for achieving results.
2013 August 31, Jack L. Goldsmith, “What Happened to the Rule of Law?”, in New York Times:
- The problem with these precedents is that the Security Council did not authorize intervention in Syria, and an intervention there will thus harm, not help, the Council’s credibility and effectiveness.
- The degree to which something achieves results.
- He questioned the effectiveness of the treatment.
- 2013, Phil McNulty, "", BBC Sport, 1 September 2013:
- United were having more possession but a sign of the effectiveness of Liverpool's defence was that it took the visitors 76 minutes to force Mignolet into serious action, when he dived to punch away a shot from substitute Nani.