Webster 1913 Edition
Athletic or disciplinary exercises; the art of performing gymnastic exercises.
Disciplinary exercises for the intellect or character.
Webster 1828 Edition
- A sport involving the performance of sequences of movements requiring physical strength, flexibility, and kinesthetic awareness.
- Gymnastics was a significant part of the physical education curriculum.
- Complex intellectual or artistic exercises or feats of physical agility.
- His mental gymnastics are legendary.
complex intellectual or artistic exercise
- gymnastics on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- gymnastics on Wikiversity.Wikiversity