- second-person singular present of bera
- inflection of ber:
- neuter nominative singular
- neuter accusative singular
From Proto-Celtic *bertā, cognate with the Gaulish source of Vulgar Latin berciolum (“cradle”), which is the source of French berceau and Catalan bressol.
bert f, m
- burden, load, bundle; (figuratively) burden, weight (of grief, etc.)
- clothing, covering, clothes, attire, apparel; accoutrement
- deed, exploit; feat, trick; effort, task; action, behaviour; move, play (in a game), game
This noun needs an inflection-table template.
- third-person singular preterite conjunct of beirid
- third-person singular preterite relative of beirid
| Old Irish mutation|
pronounced with /v(ʲ)-/
| Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.