Webster 1913 Edition
Webster 1828 Edition
See also: catés
cates pl (plural only)
- (archaic) Provisions; food; viands; especially, luxurious food; delicacies; dainties.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- Cates for which Apicius could not pay.
- Robert Browning
- Choicest cates and the flagon's best spilth.
- second-person singular present indicative of catar
- second-person singular present subjunctive of catar
- Second-person singular (tu) present subjunctive of catar
- Second-person singular (tu) negative imperative of catar