dying (not comparable)
- Approaching death; about to die; moribund.
- The dying dog was put out of his misery with a single shot!
- dying fire
- Declining, terminal, or drawing to an end.
- In the dying moments of daylight I glimpsed a sail on the horizon.
- Pertaining to death, or the moments before death.
- His dying words were of his mother.
- until my dying day
- his dying bed
declining, or drawing to an end
pertaining to the moments before death
dying (countable and uncountable, plural dyings)
- The process of approaching death; or, less precisely, death itself.
dying pl (plural only)
- (with "the") Those who are currently expiring, moribund.
- The battlefield was littered with the dead and dying.
those who are currently expiring
process of approaching death
- present participle of die
dye + -ing
- (nonstandard) present participle of dye (Alternative form of dyeing)