Webster 1913 Edition
One who needs anything.
Webster 1828 Edition
needer (plural needers)
- A person who requires or needs something.
- 1975. Sport diver manual, by Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.
- The needer is physically and mentally handicapped because of his immediate need for air... The donor takes a big breath and gives his mouthpiece to the needer.
- 2006. Emergent information technologies and enabling policies for counter terrorism, by Robert L. Popp, John Yen. P.241
- The difference between requestor and needer has been incorporated in current business practices.
Corruption of neither.
needer (not comparable)
- Eye dialect spelling of neither.
1856, John Turvill Adams, The Lost Hunter:
- But," added he, observing the other's embarrassment, "dat is needer here nor dere.
1936-1938, Work Projects Administration, Slave Narratives= A Folk History of Slavery in the United States From Interviews with Former Slaves:
- Didn't put them in two boxes lak dey does now, and dey warn't painted needer.