reflector (plural reflectors)
- Something which reflects heat, light or sound, especially something having a reflecting surface.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, in The Celebrity:
- Then came a maid with hand-bag and shawls, and after her a tall young lady. She stood for a moment holding her skirt above the grimy steps, […] , and the light of the reflector fell full upon her.
- A reflecting telescope.
- A small, often red, reflecting disk on the rear of a vehicle or bicycle that reflects the headlights of other vehicles.
- A safety reflector.
something that reflects heat, light or sound
small reflecting disk on a vehicle
reflector m (plural reflectors or reflectoren, diminutive reflectortje n)
- reflector (reflecting disk on the rear of a vehicle; chiefly a bicycle)
- first-person singular present passive indicative of reflectō