retrocede (third-person singular simple present retrocedes, present participle retroceding, simple past and past participle retroceded)
- (transitive) To grant back.
- to retrocede a territory to a former proprietor
- (transitive) To go back.
- 1994, David F Drake, Reforming the health care market: an interpretive economic history
- Hospitals retrenched in the '30s while the general practitioners retroceded into a bygone era.
- third-person singular present indicative of retrocedere
- second-person singular present active imperative of retrōcēdō
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present indicative of retroceder
- second-person singular (tu, sometimes used with você) affirmative imperative of retroceder
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of retroceder.
- Informal second-person singular (tú) affirmative imperative form of retroceder.