animated (comparative more animated, superlative most animated)
- Full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous.
- an animated discussion
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 8, in The Celebrity:
- The humor of my proposition appealed more strongly to Miss Trevor than I had looked for, and from that time forward she became her old self again; […] . Our table in the dining-room became again the abode of scintillating wit and caustic repartee, Farrar bracing up to his old standard, and the demand for seats in the vicinity rose to an animated competition.
- Endowed with life.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Throughout animated Nature, of each characteristic Organ and Faculty there exists a preassurance, an instinctive and practical anticipation; and no preassurance common to a whole species does in any instance prove delusive.
- See also Wikisaurus:animated
- simple past tense and past participle of animate