medieval (comparative more medieval, superlative most medieval)
- Of or relating to the Middle Ages, the period from about 500 to about 1500.
- Having characteristics associated with the Middle Ages:
1969 March 24, New York Magazine, page 58:
- Brute force can get you into any apartment if you want to get medieval about it.
2003, Robert Ludlum, The Janson Directive, page 579:
- "Oh, what a nifty idea," Collins said dryly. "Get a bunch of angry brothers with a blowtorch and some pliers and get medieval on his ass."
of or relating to the Middle Ages
having characteristics associated with the Middle Ages
medieval (plural medievals)
- Someone living in the Middle Ages.
- A medieval example (of something aforementioned or understood from context).
- Thank God for modern remedies: the medievals were often useless or even harmful.
someone living in the Middle Ages
medieval m, f (masculine and feminine plural medievals)
IPA(key): /məðjəˈβaɫ/ (Barc.), /meðjeˈβaɫ/ (Val.), /məðjəˈvaɫ/ (Palma)
medieval m, f (plural medievales)