pint (plural pints)
- A unit of volume, equivalent to ⅛ of a gallon or
- in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth of Nations approximately 568 millilitres (an imperial pint) and
- in the United States approximately
- 473 millilitres for liquids (a US liquid pint) or
- 551 millilitres for dry goods (a US dry pint).
- hungarian pint 1,696 liter
- (Britain) A pint of milk.
- Please leave three pints tomorrow, milkman
- (metonymically) A glass of beer, served by the pint.
- 1998, Kirk Jones, Waking Ned, Tomboy films
- Finn: You must have a terrible thirst on you tonight. I've never seen a man drink two pints at the same time.
unit of volume for liquids
pint of beer
- French: pinte f, sérieux m, cannette (switzerland) f (this is half a litre, which is approximately a pint)
- Greek: μισόλιτρο n (misólitro) (½ of a litre)
- Irish: pionta m
- past participle of pine
pint m (plural pints)
- pint (unit of volume for liquids)