undercoat (plural undercoats)
- A layer of short hairs underneath the longer ones of an animal's fur
- A coat of paint or other material applied onto a surface before that of a topcoat; a coloured primer
coat of paint applied before a topcoat
- Finnish: pohjamaali (primer); välimaali (layer between primer and topcoat)
- French: sous-couche (fr) f
undercoat (third-person singular simple present undercoats, present participle undercoating, simple past and past participle undercoated)
- (transitive) To apply an undercoat to.