Webster 1913 Edition
gorgiasbeautiful, glorious, vain, luxurious; cf. OF.
gorgiasruff, neck handkerchief, and F.
se pengorgerto assume airs. Cf.
Imposing through splendid or various colors; showy; fine; magnificent.
Webster 1828 Edition
With gorgeous wings, the marks of sovereign sway.
A gorgeous robe. Luke 23.
gorgeous (comparative more gorgeous, superlative most gorgeous)
- (of a person or place) very beautiful.
- All the contest judges agreed that Brigitt was absolutely gorgeous.
- The sunsets in Hawaii are gorgeous.
- (rare) Very enjoyable, pleasant, tasty etc.
- Israeli hummus is absolutely gorgeous.
- See also Wikisaurus:beautiful