odorate (comparative more odorate, superlative most odorate)
- (obsolete) odorous
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
odorate (plural odorates)
- (obsolete) A fragrant substance; perfume.
- Sir Thomas Browne
- A transcendent perfume made of the richest odorates of both the Indies, kept in a book made of the Muschie stone of Niarienburg […]
- 1821, Richard Franck, Northern Memoirs, Calculated for the Meridian of Scotland
- And must this be our exercise to trample the beautiful banks and the florid meadows of famous Trent, to rifle her fords for diversion, and sweeten our senses with fragrant odorates that perfume the air?
- second-person plural present indicative of odorare
- second-person plural imperative of odorare
- feminine plural of odorato
- second-person plural present active imperative of odōrō