presto (not comparable)
- (music) Very fast or quickly; a directive for the musician(s) to play in a very quick tempo.
- Used by magicians when performing a trick; ta-da; voilà.
- So I put my hand into the hat and presto! Out comes a rabbit!
- (poker slang) A pair of fives as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em.
- first-person singular present indicative form of prestar
- First-person singular (eu) present indicative of prestar
presto m (Cyrillic spelling престо)
From Late Latin praestus, from the adverb praesto. Compare Catalan prest, Italian presto, French prêt. The meaning pertaining to music comes from Italian presto.
presto m (feminine singular presta, masculine plural prestos, feminine plural prestas)
- quick, swift, prompt
- ready, prepared
- immediately, promptly
- (music) presto
- right away, at once
- First-person singular (yo) present indicative form of prestar.