- present participle of swagger
swaggering (comparative more swaggering, superlative most swaggering)
- Boastful, proud, self-confident.
swaggering (plural swaggerings)
- Boastful, blustering behaviour.
- 1814, George Cruikshank, Robert Cruikshank, The Spirit of the Public Journals
- Since the return of the redoubtable head of the French people to Paris, I have been no less amused by his ill-digested boastings and swaggerings, than I was before delighted by the complete discomfiture of his ambitious plans.