swinging (countable and uncountable, plural swingings)
- The act or motion of that which swings.
- 1973, Socialist Review (volume 8, page 331)
- Mr. Henderson's chief trouble seems to be that he cannot forget his old shiftiness of views and his pendulum-like swingings between Liberalism and Independent Labourism […]
- An activity where couples engage in sexual activity with different partners.
- Mandarin: 交換配偶, 交换配偶 (jiāohuàn pèi'ǒu)
- Czech: grupensex m
- Finnish: parinvaihto
- French: échangisme (fr) m
- German: Swingen n
- present participle of swing
swinging (comparative more swinging, superlative most swinging)
- (informal) Fine, good, successful.
- The party was swinging.