See also: download
Download m (genitive Downloads, plural Downloads)
- a download
- Herunterladen n
See also: Download
download (plural downloads)
- A file transfer to the local computer.
- The download took longer than I expected.
- A file that has been, or will be transferred in this way.
- I got the download but it wouldn't work on my computer.
file transfer to the local computer
download (third-person singular simple present downloads, present participle downloading, simple past and past participle downloaded)
- (transitive) To transfer (computer data, especially as one or more files) from a remote computer (server) to a local computer, usually via a network.
- You can download a trial version of the program for thirty days to determine whether you want to purchase the full version.
- (transitive, nonstandard) upload; to copy a file from a local computer to a remote computer via a network.
- (transitive, nonstandard) to transfer a file to or from removable media.
- I needed to download photos to a CD-ROM
- (transitive, nonstandard) to install software.
to transfer data from a remote computer to a local one
- Bengali: ডাউনলোড (ḑa'unloḑ)
- Japanese: ダウンロード (daunrōdo)
- Hindi: डाउनलोड (ḍāunloḍ)
- Korean: 다운로드 (daunnodeu)
- Lao: ດາວໂຫຼດ (dāo lōt)
- Thai: ดาวน์โหลด (daao-lòot)
- Urdu: ڈاؤنلوڈ (ḍā'unloḍ)
- A download.
download m (plural downloads)
- download (file transfer to the local computer)