ѝ • (ì) f (personal, possessive)
- Short form of the third-person singular feminite pronoun in the dative case, used as the indirect object of a verb, translated as to her, for her, her, when the noun is animate, and as to it, for it, it, when the noun is inanimate.
- Дай ѝ книгата.
- Daj ì knigata.
- Give her the book.
- Той ѝ написа писмо.
- Toj ì napisa pismo.
- He wrote her a letter.
- Не ѝ се ходи на кино.
- Ne ì se hodi na kino.
- She doesn't feel like going to the cinema.
- Котката си играеше с кълбото прежда, което ѝ бяха дали.
- Kotkata si igraeše s kǎlboto prežda, koeto ì bjaha dali.
- The cat was playing with the ball of yarn they had given it.
- Short form of the third-person singular feminine possessive pronoun, translated as her when the noun is animate, and as its when the noun is inanimate.
- Мария и баща ѝ.
- Marija i bašta ì.
- Maria and her father.
- Очите ѝ са сини.
- Očite ì sa sini.
Her eyes are blue.
- Котката и опашката ѝ.
- Kotkata i opaškata ì.
- The cat and its tail.
- The accented letter ѝ is not considered a separate letter in Bulgarian, and is used only on this one occasion to disambiguate the pronoun ѝ from the conjunction и (meaning and).
Bulgarian personal pronouns
Bulgarian possessive pronouns
ѝ • (ì)
- Short indirect object form of таа (taa).
- The accented letter "ѝ" is not considered a separate letter in Macedonian and is used only on this one occasion to disambiguate the pronoun "ѝ" from the conjunction "и" (meaning "and").